The goals of the Weinstein
After School JEP:
• Have a deep sense of Jewish pride & Jewish identity
• Broaden their commitment to an active Jewish life
• Develop strong Hebrew reading and language skills
• Develop a comfort with many of the Hebrew prayers
• Have an understanding of Shabbat & Jewish holidays and their observances and customs
• Foster a deep connection to the Holy Land and a love for every Jew
• Learn morals, values and ethical behavior that is transmitted to us in the Torah
• Be able to express their questions about G-d and religion
More About Us
We emphasize Jewish heritage and culture in a creative fun way, putting the FUN in FUNdamentals. The focus at JEP is on not only accumulating knowledge but also applying the lessons to everyday life.
The incorporation of culinary skills with a Jewish twist adds a fun and a hands-on approach that will combine discovery, creativity, and education. Children will be taught the meaning of Mitzvot (Torah commandments) and will experience the pride that comes with the fulfillment of Mitzvot. Some of the Mitzvot that are emphasized are Tzedakah, love of a fellow Jew, kindness, hospitality, honoring parents, Mezuzah, and Brachot (blessings). The teachers will help each child develop a consciousness of proper Torah behavior towards others - Middot Tovot, which is the acquisition of desirable character traits.
We aim to provide a strong foundation of Jewish knowledge for your child in a warm and stimulating Jewish environment so that he or she will not only learn about life as a Jew but will learn to love it too!
We provide an education that instills Jewish pride, a sense of history, and a genuine and meaningful under- standing of Judaism. Through this knowledge, our students grow into informed adults who will shape our community and lead vibrantly Jewish lives.
Information & Fee Schedule 2019-20
Classes are held Wednesday afternoons from 4:45pm - 6:30pm
Bar/Bat Mitzvah: Parents of boys & girls celebrating their Bar/Bat Mitzvahs should schedule a meeting with Rabbi Steinmetz 9 months prior to the date of celebration, in order to select a date of celebration and set up a study schedule.
For Chabad Members: $750.00 annually
For Non-Members: $900.00 annually
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact Sara Steinmetz at 925-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org